Tuesday, March 20, 2012

sketches at Jongno street

Flower shop in Jongno 3-ga street
I was walking from Jongno 5-ga street to Jongno 1-ga. Though the weather was still cold, the bunches of colorful flower caught my eye. I walked into the narrow alley. The shop had no space but was attached on wall of the building. A nice looking old man kept carrying flower from other place to display. 'What are you doing?" he asked. "I'm drawing your beautiful shop." I replied. Fragrance of small shop spreaded all around the streets.




I saw these trees on pots which were decorated with Korean National flags. When I passed the place by bus I thought they're national flower, the hibiscus, Mugunghwa. The pots located in front of Samilmun of Seoul Tapgol Park, where the Statement of Independence was announced on March 1st, 1919.



view seen from Samsung Tower Building locates at Jongno 1-ga crossroads

View seen from Samsung Tower Building, Bosingak locates left.
19 x 26 cm sketchbook
Jongno streets have been carrying important roles in political, economical, social sides in Seoul since Lee Dynasty. The streets keep developing endlessly preserving tradition and accepting changes. I love Jongno! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

서울 어반 스케쳐 모임에 참가하고 싶은데요. 그냥 가면 될까요? ^^

BH Yoo said...

그냥 오시면 됩니다!