Tuesday, January 25, 2011

at the machinery alley around Seoul Station

21 x 29.7 cm, pencil
I sketched this one on the day before the 30th sketchcrawl day Surveying the Seoul Station. I found this alley moving from the station to the city hall. It's called 'Machinery Alley' and located between Soonhwa-dong and Bongrae-dong, Chung-ku. The alley was said to have been formed since Japanese Colonial era. A man who worked there said that photographers have taken photos there often. Dark atmosphere at bottom and the light above between the buildings was impressive. I may stop for sketching more when I happen to pass the alley.

2 comments:

ecrire said...

It showed atmosphere that is so nice with a pencil.
Sink immeasurably in charm of monotone.

Byung Hwa Yoo said...

The gel pen didn't flow well due to cold weather. So I finished with pencil. The result was not bad. Thank you!